Tuesday, April 14, 2009

In the studio with GUY! Psych!



Remember that expression? PSYCH! Oh and Hypercolor tshirts!

Shiyut and that drink Orbitz! There's a fanclub. Join here! hahaha

So here I am, another nite in the studio, reworkin' tingz, rejiggin' harmonies, cuttin' tingz up, take after take, tryin' to lay on the vocal HORN ideas for an interlude. hehe Yep my debut is shapin up, and I can't help but pay homage to a POWER group that never ceases to AMAZE me as I churn out my own future funk...oh my...i really hope ya like...let me tell ya about...

GUY. GROOVE ME. Oh I know you know!!! That track changed my GAWD DAMN SWEET precious life 20 years ago! My cuz Joanne in Hollywood had the tape. I FREAKED OUT immediately! She was into all kinds of good stuff, Jody Watley, The Jets, Sheila E. etc...

I had never heard anything like Teddy Riley before! The NEW JACK SWING!!! The BREAKDOWN had me bustin' moves across the room, my ass gyratin' the only way I knew or had learned to thanx to Digital Underground. SINISTER FUNK! haha I was a salivatin' kid raidin' every record store for the album once I got back to Vancouver. Couldn't find it, had to go back, south of the border to Seattle. hahaha Sam Goody! Oh how I luv em dayz when it's just you and your mirror bustin' it to the most NOSTALGIC trax that shaped ya as a musiclova...

No comments:

Post a Comment