Saturday, January 17, 2009

Downtown Eastside

Vancouver's Downtown Eastside holds a piece of my heart. It was my fertile ground when I first got out of 'school'. Oh and did I get EVEN more schooled!!! I worked at a wee little jazz label by the name of Maximum Jazz. Felt like a vacuum salesman most of the time. haha So many quirky characters! The Eastside kept me humble and reminded me that all folkz are the same. Be it the president or a cab driver, ya feel me...

Took a stroll round my old stompin' ground - Gastown, the magnificent Dress Sew [Kissey you would FREAK out], all em vacated buildings, em beautiful alley ways, oh and Macleod's books where I would chill out on my lunch breaks huntin' for rare art books. Couldn't find Jack though, the homeless harmonica cowboy who'd always walk me to work a block, such a sweet dude...